Monday, February 15, 2016

Inspiration for my blog title

I'm a huge fan of Power, the series going on in the US but we here in Kenya have found a way to watch bootlegged  episodes of the series. I  cannot wait for season 3. I have already watched season 2 over 5 times maybe even 10.  I love it! I just love that I can pick business lessons from the shows I watch.

So, there is a part in season 1 or 2 where Omari Hardwick aka "Ghost"  talks to his waitresses in his club-TRUTH- motivating them to work harder in their shift and get more money into the club and in their pockets  and finishes his lil speech by saying "Let's Get Paid"

I liked the advice he gave them to get money and that's why I used that last part of his little speech for my blog because my whole thing is about helping young women get out of poverty and that means get money. I started my social enterprise, Mdada, where I teach girls practical ways to make money so that they can contribute to their own school fees. I also believe strongly that education is one of the best ways  to empower women.

The intention of this blog is to help women get money. I will be sharing opportunities to help you make better decisions in relation to money, your career,  tips that I have learnt along the way, books that I read etc.  Please share your own ideas, tips and books and let's all get paid!

To health & wealth,

Love,
Lila

No comments:

Post a Comment